Thank you to the teams who submitted proposals for the FY24 cycle. TDAI's next call for research pilot proposals will be AU24.
About the Awards
TDAI, in collaboration with partners in the Interdisciplinary Research Enabling Initiative, provides funds and in-kind support for compelling research pilots and creative expression projects that are:
- Interdisciplinary, big data-enabled and not supported by single-discipline funding mechanisms;
- Viable and intended for pursuing extramural opportunities; and,
- Potentially translational to benefit the greater good.
All topics are welcome, with the following topics strongly encouraged:
- AI and Health
- Climate, Environment and Sustainability
- Responsible and Ethical Data Science
- Smart Cities
- Foundations of AI and Data Science
Awards are for one year and may include:
- Up to $50K
- TDAI data services and consulting
- TDAI data commons access
- TDAI space in Pomerene Hall for meetings and collaborative work
- Space and staff assistance for convening activities such as symposia and workshops
- Staff assistance with broadening participation activities
- Staff assistance with extramural proposal development and grant initiation
Calls for proposals are issued annually during autumn semester, for work to begin the following July or later. No-cost extensions are permitted if requests are emailed prior to the end of the performance period.
For more information, email Research Strategist and Team Science Facilitator Jenny Grabmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org.