TDAI core faculty (hires) are eligible to submit proposals for Catalyst Awards to support planning and developing interdisciplinary research with the potential to compete for extramural funding and benefit the greater good.
TDAI Core Faculty Catalyst Awards may include:
- Up to $10K for direct costs
- Access to:
- Data services and consulting
- Student personnel
- Workshop/conference design, hosting and facilitation
Proposals on any topic are welcome, including ideas encouraged that relate to TDAI’s five Strategic Directions:
- AI and Health
- Environment and Sustainability
- Foundations of AI
- Responsible Data Science
- Smart Mobility
A Core Faculty Catalyst Award team is required to:
- Be led by a TDAI core faculty member (TDAI hire)
- Include OSU faculty representing two or more departments
- Intend to develop and advance new research projects as a next step
A Core Faculty Catalyst Award project is required to:
- Have an explicit data science and/or analytics component
- Be innovative
Deadline and proposal process
There is no deadline for TDAI Core Faculty Catalyst proposals. TDAI’s faculty leadership reviews proposals as they are received, and awards are made for as long as the institute’s budget permits. The anticipated time for review and notification is 60 days.
TDAI core faculty can click here to access and download the proposal guidelines and template.
For more information, email TDAI Research Strategist and Facilitator Jenny Grabmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org.