TDAI core faculty (hires) are eligible to apply for Core Faculty Catalyst Awards to initiate, advance and disseminate interdisciplinary research that has potential to benefit the greater good. Proposals on any topic are welcome, and ideas are encouraged that relate to TDAI’s five Strategic Directions: AI and Health, Environment and Sustainability, Foundations of Data Science and AI, Responsible Data Science, and Smart Mobility.
Uses of Catalyst Awards can include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting small proof-of-concept studies.
- Organizing conferences, symposia or other activities to engage researchers, collaborators and/or stakeholders around research-related topics of import.
- Organizing facilitated workshops or ideas labs to produce concept papers, develop working groups or proposal teams, and/or other steps to advance potential research.
- Organizing facilitated strategic planning and team development activities.
- Engaging services necessary for publishing, presenting or otherwise disseminating research outcomes.
Core Faculty Catalyst Awards may include:
- Up to $10K for direct costs
- Data services and consulting
- Workshop, symposia conference support, e.g.:
- Design/facilitation services
- Event staff support
- Other hosting costs
- Data commons storage and sharing
To be eligible for a Core Faculty Catalyst Award, a proposed project is required to:
- Be led by at least one TDAI core faculty hire.
- Include OSU researchers representing two disciplines.
- Contribute demonstrably to developing, scaling or otherwise advancing research that is innovative and interdisciplinary, has an explicit data analytics component, and has potential to benefit greater good.
DEADLINE AND REVIEW PROCESS
There is no deadline for TDAI Core Faculty Catalyst proposals. Applications are reviewed by the institute’s faculty leadership as they are received, and awarded for as long as TDAI's budget permits. The intended time for review and notification is 60 days.
For more information, email TDAI Research Strategist and Facilitator Jenny Grabmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org.