TDAI's Computational Health & Life Sciences community of practice, in partnership with the Biophysics Graduate Program, is excited to offer a symposium for graduate students and researchers focused around AlphaFolds:
The TDAI-CHLS CoP AlphaFold Student Symposium
In partnership with Biophysics Graduate Program
Dec. 14, 2 p.m.-5 p.m., 320 Pomerene Hall
AlphaFold is an AI system developed by DeepMind that predicts protein 3D structure from its amino-acid sequence. AlphaFold is considered to have finally solved one of the biggest problems in biology, opening the door for applications that range from expanding our understanding of basic molecular biology to accelerating drug development.
Are you curious about the groundbreaking AlphaFold technology and its applications in research? Join us for an engaging and informative student symposium designed to explore the experiences, challenges, and visions of young researchers using AlphaFold.
About the Symposium:
The purpose of this symposium is to provide a platform for students to share their AlphaFold-related research experiences and challenges, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing among budding scientists. Whether you're a student, postdoc, research scientist or PI interested in AlphaFold, this event is for you!
- Impact of AlphaFold: Discuss how AlphaFold has transformed your research.
- Experiences and Lessons Learned: Gain insights from students' hands-on experience with AlphaFold.
- Frontier in AlphaFold research: Explore ways to enhance the applicability of AlphaFold r.
- Visions of AlphaFold: Discover students' visions for the future of AlphaFold and its potential impact on scientific discovery.
- Student Talks (4 short, 10-minute presentations).
- Poster Session: Dive deeper into the presented topics during our poster session, where you can engage in discussions and network with fellow attendees.
Who Should Attend?
- Students, postdocs, or anyone actively using AlphaFold in their research.
- Individuals interested in learning more about AlphaFold and its applications, even if it's not currently part of their research.
Don't miss this opportunity to explore the world of AlphaFold, connect with like-minded researchers, and expand your knowledge at our student symposium.
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have questions, you can contact Benedict Hui.