TDAI core faculty are eligible to submit proposals for TDAI Core Faculty Catalyst Awards, which provide in-kind resources and funding to explore interdisciplinary ideas with the potential to compete for extramural funding and benefit the greater good.
There is no deadline for TDAI Core Faculty Catalyst proposals. TDAI’s Leadership Team faculty review proposals as they are received, and awards are issued for as long as the institute’s budget permits. The anticipated time for review and notification is 60 days.
TDAI core faculty can click here to access and download the proposal guidelines and required template.
Questions? Email Jenny Grabmeier.
Proposals on any topic are welcome, including ideas encouraged that relate to TDAI’s five Strategic Directions:
- AI and Health
- Environment and Sustainability
- Foundations of AI and Machine Learning
- Responsible Data Science
- Smart Mobility
A Core Faculty Catalyst Award team is required to:
- Be led by a TDAI core faculty member
- Include OSU faculty representing two or more departments
- Intend to develop and advance new research projects as a next step
A Core Faculty Catalyst Award project is required to:
- Have an explicit data science and/or analytics component
- Be innovative